Thinking of using Sunbeds?
Here are some handy tips on what to look for when choosing a tanning salon, and how to achieve the best tanning results in the safest way.
What to look for when choosing a Tanning Salon
1. Make sure the Salon is using 0.3 Compliant Lamps
2. Is the Salon Hygienic and displaying all the relevant safety information and advice?
3. Are the staff are friendly approachable and Knowledgeable. Always ask for advice if you are new to indoor tanning.
Tanning Deals & Offers
Many Salons will offer Deals, Competitions and offers over the course of the year.
Be wary of any Salon offering a massive amount of minutes for a very low price. This is usually due to the Sunbeds requiring a Lamp Change, hence producing inferior results.
Burning on a Sunbed
If you have burned whilst using a Sunbed, this is generally due to the sunbed having non 0.3 compliant lamps. This generally means the salon is breaking the law. Please report to your local trading standards or council.
Re-lamping of Sunbeds.
Sunbeds need re-lamping between 600 - 800 hrs use. This is generally every 6 - 12 months.
Salons that state that they change there lamps every few weeks are generally a little flexible with the truth!
Lamps that are not changed frequently will result in less Tanning Results but produce more Heat. So they will feel hot but will produce inferior tanning results.
How to get the Best Tanning Results! (0.3 Compliant Salons only)
1. Check your daily moisturiser does not contain a SPF
3. Use a Tanning Accelerator Lotion, recommended by Salon Staff
4. Start with 6 min sessions at least 3 times per week ( subject to no reaction or irritation)
5. Increase your session times gradually.